Sunday, January 10, 2010

Applesauce Cookies- Grandma French's Recipe

APPLESAUCE COOKIES

1 Cup Crisco

2 Cups Sugar

2 Beaten Eggs

2 Cups Applesauce

1 Cup Chopped Nuts

1/2 box Raisins

4 Cups Flour

1 tspn cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg (I use 1/2 tsp)

1 tsp cloves (I use 1/2 tsp)

1 tspn salt (I use 1/2 tsp)

2 tsp baking soda

Cream sugar and Crisco.
Add eggs and applesauce- mix well.
Add nuts and raisins.
Mix dry ingredients and add to first mixture.
Chill overnight if possible so flavors mingle.
Drop by teaspoonfuls (I use small cookie scoop), on greased or oil sprayed baking sheets.
Bake at 350 to 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.

Omit nuts and or raisins if you want.

Note: Grandma French made these cookies in the 1970's as Christmas presents. She gave all us grandchildren a box on Christmas morning. (I LOVE eating the raw dough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment