Saturday, January 9, 2010

Oatmeal Pecan Shortbread

I borrowed this from another blog. ALL THAT, AND SHE COOKS TOO. She borrowed it from another blog too! Haw haw

OATMEAL PECAN SHORTBREAD

2 cups flour
2/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
6 tablespoons sugar
1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix flour, sugar and oats.
Cut in butter. I use my hands. it is messy, but that way I get a good mix.
Mix in pecans.
Mix until it resembles fine crumbs and starts to hold together.
Form mixture into a ball.
On floured surface, roll dough out to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
Cut into rounds (or whatever shape you fancy). I used 1.5 inch scalloped circles.
Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bottoms just start to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment