Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mary's Baked Chicken

NOTE: I grew up eating this chicken. My mom (Mary), used to serve this dish at least once a week for the longest time when we were kids. I just made some the last night. My son and I really love this dish!

Bone in, skin on chicken pieces

Margarine or Butter melted

Paprika

Garlic Powder

Salt

Pepper

Use bone in, skin on chicken. Arrange in baking pan.
Brush or pour chicken with melted margarine or butter.

Sprinkle liberally with Paprika, not too heavy with the garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. The skin will be crispy and the meat will be tender.

I personally prefer chicken thighs for this dish. The meat is always juicy and tender even if you reheat it the next day.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious! We always get amazing deals on thighs and legs, so I try to find new ways to cook them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom said to bake them at 425 degrees. I tried that but they were overdone and too crispy on the bottom. She must have a cool oven. I will stick with 400 degrees. Maybe even bake them for only 40 minutes, then check for done-ness!

    ReplyDelete