- (16 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch dried basil
- In a medium bowl, mix together the salmon, eggs, parsley, onion, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of basil, and red pepper flakes. Form into 6 firmly packed patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the patties, and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of basil. Use as a sauce for your patties.
NOTE: I found this recipe in Allrecipes.com. I removed all the bones, even though they are calcium for my diet. My sister told me a little lemon juice in a fish dish helps cut the fishy flavor. This recipe has 2 TBS!! Way more than I usually add 1 tsp when making tuna salad, I hope it tastes okay when I cook it shortly. I should have just added 1 TB! I also added onion powder instead of raw onion and left out the basil and parsley since it's already in the Italian bread crumbs. I regret not adding the red pepper flakes.
PS: This recipe only made 4 burgers since I used a 1/2 cup dry measure to divide the salmon mixture. When I make my own hamburgers or turkey burgers to freeze I always measure out a 1/2 cup dry measure because it weighs 1/4 pound.