Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sour Cream Banana Bread

I had four old over-ripe bananas smelling up my kitchen and instead of trashing them like I usually do I mashed them up and made four small loaves of banana bread. My customized recipe called for buttermilk, but I had none. Since I had an unopened container of sour cream left over from Christmas I decided to use it before the Feb. 1, 2010 "use before" date.

I personally HATE baking powder as a levener in cake products, so instead I use baking soda and a sour to make it react. I usually use buttermilk or make my own sour milk with regular milk and a TB of vinegar. I decided to use the sour cream instead and let me tell you it make a nice high batter bread! I will definitely use it again! It'll make nice muffins, in fact it'll make nice scones too! I'm gonna try making scones sometime soon! Scones are just like Irish Soda Bread all dressed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment