Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sausage Gravy

The first time I had sausage gravy I was in my forties. I don't know why I waited so long to try it, but I fell in love with it. So I looked online a few years ago and now I make my own about three times a year. It's too fattening to make it more often and I'm the only one who eats it! It's so simple to make too.

SAUSAGE GRAVY

A Roll of Jimmy Dean Regular Sausage

2 rounded TB Flour

2 Cups Milk or half and half or a can of Evaporated milk plus a half cup of water.

Crumble and fry up the sausage until it's browned.
Stir in 2 TB Flour until it is absorbed by the fat. Then stir in the milk and cook until thick gravy forms. If it's too thick thin with a little milk. Add any spices you like to spice it up. Serve over buttermilk biscuits, toast or English muffins.

NOTE: You can double, triple or quadruple this recipe and keep warm in a crock pot for large crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment