Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

I had to remove a bag of frozen pumpkin puree from my freezer to make room for some Chuck roasts, so I decided to make a pumpkin pie with it today. Here's my filling recipe for a 9 " pie.

PUMPKIN PIE FILLING

2 Cups Pumpkin Puree

3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk

3/4 Cup Sugar

2 Eggs

2 heaping Tb Flour

1/2 tsp Cinnamon

1/4 tsp Ginger

3-4 shakes of Cloves

1/4 tsp salt (optional)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Mix the dry ingredients including sugar. Beat eggs into the pumpkin puree, then add the dry ingredients, mixing well. Add the milk last stirring well before pouring into your favorite 9" pie crust.

Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees then turn down to 375 and bake another 40 minutes until center is set and no longer jiggles when gently shaken. Cool on wire rack.


NOTE: For a large pie I use 3 Cups Pumpkin, 1 Cup Sugar, 3 Tb flour, 3 eggs, and I use rounded measuring spoons of the spices. I might have to bake it 10 minutes longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment