Saturday, November 6, 2010

Turkey Burgers

I turned 1 and 1/2 pounds of 85/15 ground turkey into 7 turkey burgers this morning. Today I didn't have the Mrs. Dash Original so I used Mrs. Dash Italian Medley in the mix. I added Panko bread crumbs just to use them up. I hope they soften well. As usual I added an onion chopped and 5 cloves garlic minced, and about one egg white for each 1/2 pound of turkey. I omitted the milk this time and formed the burgers on a greased jelly roll pan. Using my food scale for approximate 1/4 pound burgers. Here's my now revised recipe:

TURKEY BURGERS

1 & 1/2 Pounds Ground Turkey

1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash Original or any other seasoning you prefer.

5 large cloves of Garlic minced

3 egg whites

Small Onion finely chopped

1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs


Mix all the ingredients and form into burgers on a oil sprayed jelly roll pan. The meat mixture is so soft I have to do it that way and then freeze them before I Freezer bag them.

NOTE: Although I'm pretty laid back when it comes to the rest of my life, I like to measure things when I cook and bake. I have an 11 Pound food scale I use for weighing ingredients for my handmade soaps and I like to use it to make sure all my burgers weigh 4 ounces approximate.

No comments:

Post a Comment