* FOR THE CAKE:
* 1 box (18.25 Oz. Box) Yellow Cake Mix
* 1 stick Margarine (softened)
* 1 can (14 Oz. Can) Mandarin Oranges, Drained, 1/2 Cup Juice Reserved
* 4 whole Eggs
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
* FOR THE TOPPING:
* 1 package (4 Oz. Box) Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
* 1 can (20 Oz. Can) Crushed Pineapple, Juice Reserved
* ½ cups Powdered Sugar
* 4 ounces, fluid Frozen Whipped Topping (such As Cool Whip)
* Extra Mandarin Orange Slices, For Garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For the cake, combine cake mix, margarine, 1/2 cup juice from the mandarin oranges, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for four minutes on medium-high. Add drained oranges and beat again until pieces are broken up and small. Pour batter into greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Remove from oven and cool completely. If desired, turn out cake onto a large platter.
Once cake is cool, blend juice from drained pineapples with the vanilla pudding mix. Add powdered sugar and mix, then mix in whipped topping. Stir in drained pineapple. Spread on cooled cake and refrigerate several hours.
To serve, cut cake into squares and top each square with a mandarin orange slices.
NOTE: I would use another can of Mandarin oranges drained for the topping instead of pineapple and use the drained juice in the pudding mix, except it's not going to be the same amount of juice as a large can of pineapple, you need to add milk or something.