Thursday, December 9, 2010

Deboning Chicken Breasts

Today I bought 9 LB 12 OZ of split chicken breasts for 99 cents a pound. 2 Family Size packages with 4 breasts in each costing $9.85 for both. After looking on YouTube for a refresher course on how to debone them, I got quickly to work. By the time I was done I had 3 meals worth of chicken breasts with 3 breasts in a package, except for one which had 2 breasts plus a breast sized bunch of scraps I managed to get off all the bones. On top of that I got 3 and 1/2 pounds of bones and skins to make broth with which I also froze. I guess it was worth all the trouble considering the boneless skinless breasts were about $4.00 a pound and selling in $20.00 packages.

NOTE: When you think about it, I paid $.99 a pound for 3 and 1/2 pounds of skin and bones and they will be made into soup. But I ended up with the same amount of breasts I usually buy on sale (Tyson boneless skinless chicken breasts for $10.00 to $12.00 for a 5-6 pound package @ $1.99 a pound).

No comments:

Post a Comment