Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Crock Pot Pulled Pork

2 & 1/2 lb or larger Pork Butt (I had a Porketta but I rinsed off most of the seasoning.)

3/4 – 1 Cup Italian Dressing. (I made my own with Good Seasons using Balsamic Vinegar)

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

1 Chopped Onion or 1 TB Onion Powder

2 Tb Prepared Mustard

2 TB Worcestershire Sauce

1 tsp salt

1 TB Liquid Hickory Smoke

Place pork butt in crock pot and mix the remaining ingredients and pour on top of butt. Allow to cook on High for at least 6 hours before checking for tenderness. A larger Butt will take longer of course. After pulling pork apart cook on High for another hour before serving. Continue to break the pulled and sliced meat up in that excellent juice! Turn pot to low until serving time.

NOTE: I just created this recipe after looking at several online. It’s a combination of several recipes, plus my own tweaks. Remember add or omit anything you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment