Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce

I have a crock pot of spaghetti sauce going right now. Here's the rather simple, generic recipe;

SPAGHETTI SAUCE

1 LB Ground Beef Browned OR made into meatballs using your favorite recipe. You don't HAVE to bake the maetballs first. I've added them raw once even though it's not the norm..

3 (12 oz) cans of Tomato paste

6 cans of Water

2 Tb Olive Oil

1 heaping Tb of Onion Powder, (I would prefer chopped onion BUT...)

4 large garlic cloves minced

1 tsp each of dried Basil, Marjoram, and Thyme

2 Tb Brown Sugar

Stir the tomato paste and water until smooth with a whisk in the crock pot before adding the remaining ingredients and cook on high heat at least 4 hours before turning it to low until serving time.

NOTE: Omit the third can of tomato paste and add 2 cans of diced petite tomatoes and any other spices or veggies for Marinara sauce. Did you notice I don't use Bay Leaves? I haven't for years.. perhaps I should buy some and try them out in some recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment