Friday, October 15, 2010

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are delicious, but they don't age well, perhaps from the margarine added? Eat them up right away- within a week. If not freeze them until you do. I got this recipe from my employer. I have a batch of this cookie dough sitting in my fridge right now.

SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2/3 Cup stick Margarine softened

2/3 Cup Crisco

1 Cup Sugar

1 Cup Brown Sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

3 and 3/4 Cups Flour

1 tsp Baking Soda

1 tsp Salt

12 oz. bag Chocolate Chips.

Cream the fats, sugars, eggs and vanilla with a hand mixer. Stir together the dry ingredients and add them to the fat/sugar mixture 1/2 at a time. Now mix well and then add the chocolate chips last. Refrigerate at least an hour or even overnight before baking at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Do NOT use an airbake pan as it affects the way the cookie spreads out! (I know this may sound crazy, but it's true!)

No comments:

Post a Comment