Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beef Pot Pie

Yesterday I made beef stew from a small London Broil. I pressure cooked the browned beef cubes with some onion powder and finely diced celery and a can of chicken broth for 15 minutes. Then I cooled the pot under cold running water to let down the steam and removed the lid. Next I added fresh carrots diced small, 8 OZ frozen corn, 8 OZ of frozen green beans, 8 OZ of frozen mixed veggies which I cooked for 15 minutes before adding the 4 potatoes, peeled and diced small which I cooked about 15 minutes. The stew was so thick and broth-less that I added water for more gravy and some Oil Rue to thicken it. I would have preferred to add 2 cans of beef broth in the beginning but I had none, so I added water to the broth when I added the veggies.

I had planned on making the beef stew into a beef pot pie yesterday and had made a batch of two crust pie dough (adding an egg since it was savory pie), but that idea got side railed when Mom got company I haven’t seen in a while, so I refrigerated the beef stew and made the beef pot pie as soon as I walked in the kitchen after work today. It is baking right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment