Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cream of Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup

I live with IBS...(Irritable Bowel Syndrome), but I don't let that stop me from eating foods I should stay away from.. mainly being dairy (Which I LOVE!).

Yesterday I made Cream of Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup using fresh veggies from a veggie tray Aunt Grace gave me which was left over from Saturday's Homecoming Dinner at the old school (Historical Society). There was probably one cup of each and I knew no one would eat them so I proceeded to boil the veggies in some water. After about 10 minutes I added a can of chicken broth and half a chopped onion. When all was good and tender I added some whole milk and thickened it with margarine rue. As you can see it wasn't exactly a gourmet soup, now was it? I plan on adding some shredded mild cheddar cheese when I heat it up for supper tonight. I know I AM am going to have a major gas and bloating attack tonight.. But I CRAVE these foods once in a while! : (

CREAM OF BROCCOLI and/or CAULIFLOWER SOUP

1 Cup of Broccoli

1 Cup Cauliflower

1 12 OZ can chicken broth

1/2 small onion chopped

2 TB Margarine or Butter melted OR any Veggie Oil

2 rounded TB Flour.

Salt and pepper and any other seasoning to taste.

Garlic might be a great addition also.

No comments:

Post a Comment