Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lorraine's Bake Beans

I've posted this recipe before. I usually use FURMAN'S brand in the 7 LB can, but mom bought me BUSH'S BEAN POT in the 7 LB 5 OZ can recently. I prefer FURMAN'S since I make my own bean sauce.

CROCK POT BAKE BEANS

7 Pound can Pork and Beans

1/2 Pound bacon

1 Large Onion chopped

1 Cup Brown Sugar

1 Cup Ketchup

2 Tb Mustard wet

2 Tb Worcestershire Sauce

Marjoram

Cut a pound of bacon down the center of the package and then cut one half into 1/2 inch slices. Now cook in a skillet until brown and crispy. Remove most of the bacon grease but leave about 2 TB. Now add the chopped onion and let it cook until soft and golden. Now pour into a small bowl and add the other sauce ingredients and stir well to dissolve the sugar. Make sure you taste this delicious sauce before you refrigerate it. I just LOVE this sauce! It's delicious! I should sell it!
When ready to make the sauce just mix it with the pork and beans (drain 3/4 of the sauce that the beans come in) in the crock pot set on HIGH and forget about for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment