Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cocoa and Toast

I had my traditional "Cocoa and Toast" for breakfast today. This is a breakfast I ate for all of my childhood. Every morning before school I usually had this wonderful breakfast. I've improved on it a lot since the days mom made her own Hot Cocoa Mix which we added boiling hot water to.
Here's my hot cocoa recipe which I got off the Hershey's can and tweaked it for a larger mug:
1 Can Evaporated Milk
1/2 Cup Water
2 TB Hershey's Cocoa
3 TB Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla
Mix the sugar and cocoa well, getting out as many of the lumps as possible.
Add about 2 TB water to make a syrup and stir in the evaporated milk plus about 1/2 cup of water and stir until sugar is dissolved over low heat and keep stirring until nearly scalded add vanilla and pour into a very large mug.
Meanwhile toast some thinly sliced homemade bread and toast until brown and crispy and slather with real butter. Cut toast in half and dunk in the cocoa before taking a bite. Add a little cold milk if it's too hot of course. Spoon extra cocoa into your mouth after every bite! You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment