Friday, August 31, 2012

Sourdough Starter

So I find this WordPress Cooking Blog in Facebook called Eat the Roses. Veronika had a sourdough foccocia recipe, but hadn't posted the sourdough starter recipe, so I e-mailed he about it and she posted it later. I made my  starter with my PUMPERNICKEL FLOUR (Whatever that is!) Since I had no whole wheat four and Rye is acceptable. I wonder what else is in the pumpernickel flour bedsides rye flour? I have to call the store owner to find out. I prefer 100% rye flour. The thing is the starter consists of approximately 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup flour. Rye flour absorbs more liquid than all purpose flour or bread flour, so I added a little more and it's still very heavy and pasty. I hope it ferments okay. I need to add a tsp of yogurt water I think. She suggested we add that IF it doesn't ferment right. I don't like the idea of adding pineapple juice as she suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment