Sunday, May 3, 2015

Magic Cake

NOTE: I found this recipe floating around Facebook. It really is delicious, I highly recommend it!
 
MAGIC CAKE

4 Eggs separated

1 tsp  Vanilla

1/8 tsp Salt (My addition since the recipe has none)

3/4 Cup Sugar (I'm going to replace it with Brown Sugar sometime for a Butterscotch taste)

1/2 Cup or stick Butter melted

3/4 Cup Flour 2 Cups Milk (I'll use Canned Milk -plus 1/2 cup water to make 2 cups) 

10X Sugar for on top

Preheat oven to 325 degrees, Grease a 8 X 8" baking dish.

Separate eggs- Beat whites into stiff peaks and set aside.

Beat yolks with sugar until light, this might take 2-3 minutes.

Add butter and vanilla-beat well.

Then add flour and mix until smooth.

Slowly add milk mix well.

Fold in egg whites 1/3 at a time, but keep in mind, this isn't easy to do with this runny batter.
 Just do your best and pour into the baking dish.

Bake at 325 degrees for 40-70 minutes (WHAT? I said to myself.. Maybe it was a typo... I'm baking 40-50 mins) Or until set.  (I baked mine 45 min.)

CHOCOLATE Version- Use 6 and 1/2 TB Cocoa Powder and 6 TB Flour

LEMON Version- Use 1 and 3/4 Cups Milk and 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice. Also add some lemon zest if you want to,

BUTTERSCOTCH Version- Use packed Brown Sugar instead of the white sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment