Friday, February 5, 2010

Making Pressure Cooker Chicken Broth

I placed two to three pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs in the 4 quart pressure cooker along with a carrot, 2 stalks of celery, a quartered red onion, a tsp of Mrs. Dash Original and some salt and fresh ground pepper. Then I added about 3 quarts or more of water up to the full mark on the inside of the pot. Then I placed the lid and steam vent topper on and let it come to steam, which took a good 20 minutes or more. Next I turned it down to low steam and cooked it for 15 minutes. After that I cooled the pot under cold running water and removed the lid. I fished out all the chicken thighs and drained the broth. Then I refrigerated the broth and chicken separately after they cooled. Now I have about 3 quarts of chicken broth for my soup Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment